The simple and efficient volumetric lighting solution compatible with every platforms: Windows PC, Mac OS X, Linux, WebGL, iOS, Android, VR, AR, Consoles, Built-in/Legacy Render Pipeline, SRP (URP & HDRP)!
The perfect, easy and cheap way to simulate density, depth and volume for your spotlights and flashlights, even on Mobile!
It greatly improves the lighting of your scenes by automatically and efficiently generating truly volumetric procedural beams of light to render high quality light shafts effects.
Note that this asset is NOT a fullscreen Post Process / image effect. This is NOT similar to Unity’s built-in Sun Shafts image effect.
Instead, Volumetric Light Beam will generate optimized geometry and material foreach light beam. This technique has several advantages:
– More granularity: precisely customize each light beam independently.
– You can add light beams anywhere, even at locations where there is no light.
– When attached to a spot-light, it supports realtime, baked and mixed modes.
– Much easier to integrate with your own pipeline: nothing to mix with your own image effects or post-processing stack, no command buffer, doesn’t require compute shader capabilities.
– Runs faster. No Post Process to add to your camera.
– Supports low-end platforms like mobile.
You can precisely customize the rendering of each beam of light by adjusting a set of user-friendly properties. For even faster nice looking results, some properties are automatically binded to the Spot light attached.